Your mission as a Tech Lead at Upthrust
Your key mission: To manage a team of developers as a technical expert.
As a Tech Lead, you:
- Analyze our customers’ technical challenges and develop meaningful recommendations
- Determine project requirements and develop work schedules for the team;
- Support and govern clean coding practices;
- Coach your colleagues and act as a sparring partner in their projects, support their growth, and flag problems when needed;
- Facilitate sprint planning, perform and challenge estimations
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of our projects;
- Find ways to solve or tackle key opportunities;
- Collaborate with multiple disciplines within the software development lifecycle (both within Customer Collective and within our clients’ organization).
About Upthrust and Customer Collective
The Upthrust Digital Product Studio’s mission is to boost the business performance of our ambitious customers through relevant and valuable digital products and services.
For us, it is not about one-shots. We aim to structurally help our customers to become great “digital performers” through strategy, design & development 🚀
At Upthrust Digital Studio we:
- Stay on top of new developments and continuously fine-tune our processes & methodologies;
- Like to travel from bird-eye perspective to the tiniest detail and back;
- Are committed to contributing value to our clients’ strategic initiatives;
- Take ownership of our own careers, defining our personal objectives and development plans every 6 months;
- Work from wherever while meeting each other at least 1 day a week at the office;
- Truly connect with colleagues during office lunches, afterwork drinks, rooftop parties, squad dinners, team buildings and company events.
Customer Collective is an exciting and continuously changing ecosystem under which we host different brands, like Upthrust.
All our brands have only one purpose: to be a genuine home for experts in specific domains. In other words, to create an environment for like-minded people to enjoy work and further develop skills and talents.
The real power of Customer Collective lies in integrating our top talents and diversity in multidisciplinary teams, fit to tackle specific customers’ challenges. Together we always strive for premium quality and tangible business impact.
We challenge the status quo and continue to reinvent ourselves, expand our portfolio and grow both organically and through acquisitions.
As a Tech Lead, you can be part of this!
Hello, is it you we’re looking for?
- You combine 5-10 years of experience as a developer, and you can easily convince us that you have what it takes to be a successful lead;
- You take ownership and manage projects based on Agile principles, are committed to results (outcome vs. output) and value team play, help them grow and provide support where needed;
- You manage the performance of our developers through refinement of tasks, prioritizing, managing and aligning work;
- You like (to bring) structure, and you have the ability to assess situations both from a bird-eye as well as an in-depth perspective;
- Setup and optimize CI/CD Pipelines, deployments and support DevOps.
- You care about your colleagues and provide support whenever needed 😁
Compensation & Benefits
- A competitive salary based on your skills & experience**
- A full electric Volvo XC40 Recharge Core in black with fast charging, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, cruise control, lane assist, parking sensors, and more;
- Or choose for the monthly mobility budget to finance your alternative mobility costs (think: electric bike, electric step, Poppy cars, Ubers,…) or to pay your monthly apartment rent or even your monthly housing mortgage! (conditions apply);
- Meal vouchers and net allowances;
- Mobile phone subscription with unlimited data;
- The latest MacBook and other tools for your work comfort;
- A Premium Spotify account for when you need some focus or an extra productivity boost;
- 26 vacation days per year;
- Flexible work hours;
- Hybrid work location (on-site/remote). Perfect if you want to escape the Belgian weather to work a few weeks from Spain, Portugal or even South Africa;
- A quarterly bonus scheme linked to your success;
- An hospitalization insurance;
- A retirement saving plan;
- A Flex Income Plan where you can choose for extra benefits like an electric bike, private health insurance, dental & optical care, warrants, mobile phone, tablet, laptop or extra vacation days.
** Are you a freelancer?
If you’re interested in this role as a full-time commitment, we welcome you to apply!